Thursday, March 7, 2013

Reaction essay

In “Persepolis” by Marjane Satrapi, one lesson from the book is to be independent by going abroad. When Marjane’s parents let her move from Iran to Vienna, she was 14 years old. The reason of that is because there was a war in Iran. She became an independent because she lived for several years far away from her family. She knew how to make her own decisions. Also, she can see the difference between good and bad friends.

This idea is important because being independent is very important thing. Every person should be able to take care of himself, so going abroad far away from family makes you learn many things. You get the real experience that will change your life forever. This book shows a good example of being independent. However, I would talk about my personal examples about being independent. First, I am studying in the United States and I have to do everything by myself. I have to cook or get food from restaurant everyday. I have to go shopping in the grocery store every one or two weeks. There are many other things also, but the point is that some of them I won’t do it in my hometown. Especially if I am talking about my country because many people facing a hard time when they go abroad until they used to live alone and be independent. Most people in my county have maids that help them in cooking and cleaning, so if I didn’t go to the U.S, I would never wash my clothes by myself. Finally, the really important thing is when you come back home after living in another country, you will be confident which is came from being independent person.

No comments:

Post a Comment